Fitting thermostatic radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been reading about the problems with a noisy central heating system after trv`s were fitted. One suggestion to silence the noise was to fit the TRV at the other end of the radiator. I have a back boiler with 9 radiators which are pumped, and a gravity HW system and want to fit TRV`s to 8 of the radiators. I know that most TRV`s are bidirectional, but is there still a preferred position to fit them on the radiator? Is it possible to fit a thermostat to my hot water tank which would operate a motorised valve for the hot water only? We seem to have to have the boiler thermostat up high for the radiators but this means that the hot water is too hot and dangerous for users. Its also a waste of energy and money.
Thanks, Ray.

Sponsored Links
Fit Danfoss Ras D and your covered all ways.

System can be updated with Honeywell C plan, it's somewher on this site -

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes.htm

Leave the hallway rad fully open with lockshields on both ends and fit the room stat in the hall away from the rad on an inside wall, you may need to fit an autbyepass to stop pumping over problems or blowing air bubble in primatic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back