Fix (My Radio) FM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Six years ago a couple of graduates started up an online radio station in London with the premise of an extended playlist and few adverts. Commercial airtime is capped at seven minutes an hour. Now, with 85,000 listeners, they plan to go national.
The website is good: clear, concise with plenty to amuse and inform.
https://www.fixradio.co.uk/
It's like having a favourite mixed tape on all day.

Sponsored Links
These days whilst at home I tend to listen a couple of vague completely commercial & talk free stations from around the world (I guess it helps that I'm not bothered about listening to hits/pop/classics etc) or a few America local stations whose adverts consist of 'Bob's Burgers', 'Joe's Air Conditioning' or the Spelling Bee at the local school or other quaint local business/events though I have to change stations when they have their 30mins 'sponsored features' ie some devout Christian preacher (sometimes openly anti gay) or a Dietician spieling their often backwards rhetoric or otherwise the odd specific BBC programme.

When listening via the internet often foreign music based stations broadcast UK adverts when you listen in the UK - you just can't get away from it sometimes so they're instantly dismissed.

I cannot abide UK radio adverts, 7 minutes is about 6 1/2 minutes more than I can cope with.

Sponsored Links
Back