Fixed or floating for solid parawood floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be laying a floor of just under 5m * 4m with Westco solid parawood panels (1250 * 160 * 12mm). I have lifted the old carpet and found there are vinyl tiles stuck to the screed floor - the instructions with the flooring clearly say that it can be laid over such tiles with a DPM and foam underlay as a floating floor however the chap in the shop suggested laying as a fully glued floor.

It seems to me that gluing in this case is going to ba a lot more work and expense than fitting as a floating floor, also the manufacturers instructions do not mention gluing as a fitting method.

I think my main concerns are that laying as a floating floor it will end up sounding like a cheap laminate floor rather than a cheap solid wood floor. I see the benefit of floating though that there will be added insulation under the floor and easier installation.

I'm leaning more towards the floating floor but would like to know what the experts recommend as the best approach for this floor?

Many thanks,

Dave.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back