Fixing a shower to the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone help with a shower related issue?

I've recently ripped out the old pink bathroom suite and will be fitting a new one. I have bought a mixer shower to go over the bath, and intend to fix it to a solid breezeblock wall. The problem is, the shower i have bought has no fixings on it for the bottom mixer part.

The rather dubious instruction manual only says "fix hose inside the wall"

The brass mixer part is quite heavy, and originally I had intended using flexi pipes to connect it, going through the wall. As I cannot actually screw it to the wall, is it safe enough to use copper water supply pipes in the hope that they will keep it secure and water tight? Or is there some way of fixing the shower to the wall so i can use the flexible hoses.

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
The problem is, the shower i have bought has no fixings on it for the bottom mixer part.

The rather dubious instruction manual only says "fix hose inside the wall"
Make and model please.

The brass mixer part is quite heavy, and originally I had intended using flexi pipes to connect it, going through the wall. As I cannot actually screw it to the wall, is it safe enough to use copper water supply pipes in the hope that they will keep it secure and water tight?
No - that will encourage it to leak.

Or is there some way of fixing the shower to the wall so i can use the flexible hoses.
Have you asked the supplier this question?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back