Fixing big hole in asbestos garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to some children misdemeanours, I have a large hole (1m x 1/2m) in my next door neighbours garage roof. It's a old-style asbestos roof, does anyone know how I could fix such a large hole and/or where to get new panels which I could just replace? I presume there are issues with me just taking the old ones to the local tip?...

thanks, Rich

Sponsored Links
General builders merchants stock the sheets you need but ring first as some will and others won't. If you are taking the old one out yourself and disposing of it then try keep it wet as you remove it especially if you break any of it to keep the dust down and then you will have to double bag it in good strong rubble sacks or visqueen and fully tape it to keep it sealed. Obviously you'll need all the personal safety gear like gloves (waterproof rubbery type), goggles and a quality dustmask and one of those throwaway boiler suits too. Not sure about Scotland but in my area the local council tip will take it and charge you by weight for disposal.
Alternatively you could leave it to the professionals and these folks are near you (I hope) :
http://www.aaronroofing-lanarkshire.co.uk/our-services
Given the facts of equipment and time I'd opt for the roofer to fix it as it's only one sheet and not going to cost the earth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back