Fixing cable to breeze block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have a good solution for clipping cables to breeze block and other similar soft block.

It makes it easy to channel when your sds chisel goes through it like butter, but its a pig when you are trying to fix cables in place.

Cable clips generally just bounce out, though I have had limited success with the little plugs you can buy to grip the nails.

Capping is another way of course, but trying to fix that with nails can be just as fruitless and plugs and screws would take forever.

Oval conduit has some of the same problems, and you have to remember to feed the cable through before you terminate it :)

Am I missing a simple solution that all other sparks use, or is this just one of those jobs that everyone hates?

Sponsored Links
Capping is another way of course, but trying to fix that with nails can be just as fruitless and plugs and screws would take forever.

On our installs (new extensions for example), most walls are now dry lined so no need to chase into the block. We use capping and 50mm galvanised clout nails which work a treat.
If, on the odd occasion we need to chase into the block the same method also works fine.
We use capping nails for harder materials.

Sponsored Links
Pretty much the same but on harder brick I drill a 6mm hole, put in a red plug & use a galvanised clout nail

Each to their own I suppose. I still find capping nails bend if hammered straight into hard brick

it crumbles

Try 50mm galv clout nails then, I doubt it'll crumble 50mm into the course :D

Seriously though, I've never had a problem with a combination of 50mm galv clout nails and capping nails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back