Fixing wood battern to floor and wall tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Appreciate you taking time to support me in what I think might be a simple task.

I'm currently in the process of having my bathroom refurbished. I'm at the part now where I need to build the boxing for the bath and pipes.

My tiles come too close to the bath. So my option is to fit the batterns to the floor and wall tiles.

Any suggestions on how to best achieve this? I was thinking about using adhesive because it's not going to be supporting the bath.

Picture for reference. Thanks all.
20220903_185616.jpg

Sponsored Links
Drill through the tiles and use screws and plugs. Use drill bits design for tiles and practice on a few off cuts - not usually a problem, just slow and steady. I would run a few beads of "no nails" along the battens, more as a gap fill than anything else.

Hey. Thanks for the suggestion. I have some off cuts that I can practice on as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back