Flame lock out error on Halstead SBX30

MF1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, wonder if someone can help as have had several Heating engineers look at this and best solution offered is change boiler which is £1500 - £2300 depending who quotes.
Have a Halstead SBX 30 operating as heat only. Have had a variety of problems over last 5 years, was 1 year old or so when I moved in.

Current problem is Flame lock out - this happened a couple of weeks ago and engineers who looked at it said may be the PCB, but then again may not and at around £300 fitted an expensive guess.

After a couple of days turned off it started working as normal and has now locked out again.

Can see a spark so it is trying to light, goes through the several attempts to start then locks out.

I read a post somewhere saying the venturi can have debris in, but can see no reference to this in manual.

Any ideas or am I doomed to replacve with new system.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back