Flat Roof - Firrings, What Size?

rvp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alrite guys.

Quick question.

I'm in the process of repairing my Garage flat roof due to leakage caused by water pooling and was wondering what size firrings to use after looking into the best ways to create a run off.

Garage is around 5.3 mtrs long x 2.5 mtrs wide.

What size Firrings would be best? local timber merchant will cut to size hence the question.

Cheers all.

Sponsored Links
Using the engineering toolbox website and the modulus of elasticity for your wood an answer may be forthcoming but the distributed load and the recommended deflection need to be known.
Do you get snow where you are?
Will you be walking on the roof (which is a concentrated impact load)?

Using the engineering toolbox website and the modulus of elasticity for your wood an answer may be forthcoming but the distributed load and the recommended deflection need to be known.
Do you get snow where you are?
Will you be walking on the roof (which is a concentrated impact load)?

Hi Porque,

Wow I never thought it was that complex! I am just looking to get a run off from existing joists because I have found out the roof is pooling water due to a slight sag of mentioned joists.

Snow, just the usual like anywhere else in the uk really and a I wouldnt be walking on it.

I would just like to cure the pooling problem that is all.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
3"x2" cut to 2 7/8" > 1/2" over the length, 1/2" deletes sharp edge (easier to handle/nail etc.)...pinenot :)

• Thanks
Reactions: rvp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back