flat roof

That span only needs 4 x 2 anyway.

warm roof would be 95mm + 11mm OSB + 120mm insulation + 18mm OSB then add on firrings if joists are set plumb

is that too much roof thickness, 245mm
:eek: need it about 130mm

Sponsored Links
Your description of the roof gives me the impression you might struggle to ventilate both ends of the joist voids in a cold roof

That span only needs 4 x 2 anyway.

warm roof would be 95mm + 11mm OSB + 120mm insulation + 18mm OSB then add on firrings if joists are set plumb

is that too much roof thickness, 245mm
:eek: need it about 130mm

Sponsored Links
Sadly there is no way to achieve building regs elemental values with 130mm

you might need to redesign.
yes I think i might have to. what is the minimum insulation thickness of cold roof and minimum air gap?

yes I think i might have to. what is the minimum insulation thickness of cold roof and minimum air gap?

50mm gap

needs ventilation at both ends

150mm insulation in between (check with online calculator like kingspan

I'm no expert I'm afraid! Plenty on here though.

You will need to make some sort of change to your design, as your BCO will make you to ensure it is compliant, unless as above you can prove energy saving elsewhere...

I'm no expert I'm afraid! Plenty on here though.

You will need to make some sort of change to your design, as your BCO will make you to ensure it is compliant, unless as above you can prove energy saving elsewhere...
thank you and @Notch7 for you help, i am very thankful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back