Floor lamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , We have a metal floor lamp that is double insulated. Will it be ok the swap the brass fitting for a plastic one to enable a different lampshade to be fitted without compromising safety?

Sponsored Links
I would assume a lamp like this 1707215839222.png and I would see no problem with the plastic bulb holder, just get wife to touch it first, not really of course, but seen references on other forum so could not resist. The problem is more how to switch it on/off. The picture you show on other forum 1707216182546.png shows a pull chain, personally I would simply fit a smart bulb and use voice control, but that may not suit you, so how are you going to turn it off/on?

It does seem odd a lamp like that is class II, but if it is, then the plastic bulb holder should be no problem.

Thank you Eric .. a decent answer at last all be it on a different forum which was only interested in wife swapping and credit cards :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: yes it is weird setup :unsure:.. I can get the lamp holder with the switch failing that we will just switch it off at the plug.

Sponsored Links
My problem is what to call things, I use smart bulbs and socket adaptors so on leaving the living room "hey google turn off living room lights" turns off them all, no walking around the room switching them off. Switching on I still will press buttons to select the lamp I want, so I have 1707219459111.pngfor living room, and I can never remember the name when I want to switch them on. The amount of times I find a light on where google got it wrong, maybe not the best option. My wife loosing use of her fingers, but exercising voice well!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back