Floor Paint

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have an integral garage with concrete floor, I never put a car in it but use it to house my collection of lawnmowers, crates of RCBOs, P100s, Hartford shocks and other things that are sure to come in handy one day.

The concrete floor is quite dusty, and eroded where the motorbike centrestands have been. To paint my floor would take quite a lot of paint, and cost a bob or two

I saw some floor paint on offer, the label said it was suitable for concrete floors if previously sealed, but it said it was not suitable for garage floors.

I wonder why? Not resistant to oil, perhaps? Sticks to rubber tyres? Slippery?

Anyone know?

Sponsored Links
Can't say I know why it's not suitable, but the reasons you suspect are probably the most likely.

Spotted this a few weeks back which sounds ideal for the job, is well priced IMO and covers up to 45m² per tin. GARAGE FLOOR PAINT

I've always found Flag products pretty good but have never used this so can't guarantee how good it is.

thanks!

There must be a delivery charge somewhere...

Sponsored Links
I can get to Toolstation or Screwfix and save delivery cost.

I think it was Homebase or somewhere I saw the other paint on clearance. It'll be gone now :(

Toolstation sell a polyurethane floor paint which is ideal for garages as it is oil and petrol resistant. It's made by Flag and comes in a few different colours, 5 litres for £25.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back