Floor Tiling and under floor pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like the idea of having ceramic floor tiles in the bathroom but don't know if its a good idea given that the pipework is under the floorboards. Can anyone tell me if this is a bad idea or if there is any alternative solution (e.g. tiled access panel)?

Sponsored Links
I can understand your dilemma :confused: I went through the same thing when deciding whether to tile my kitchen floor.

The thing that swung it for me was - the radiator was on the wall where there another room on the other side of it - meaning that in the worst situation, I could get access to the pipes from the floor of this other room, without having to distrub the tiles
smoke_1.gif

I like your idea of the tiled access panel - and I am sure there are several good ways of making it waterproof, as it's not something that is going to be opened often.

Good luck :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back