Floor Tiling Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm in the process of deciding Wetherby to tile or lino my bathroom floor and need some help in deciding.

Currently I have 22mm tongue and groove floor boards screwdriver into the joist.
Each board is about 100mm wide I think.

Do I still need to ply board the area and if so what size thickness would be sufficient.

The tiled area would be approx 2 by 2.5 meters.

Sponsored Links
Also would this adhesive be OK to use?

Attachments

• 20160416_094817.jpg
    20160416_094817.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 105
Hi

I'm setting out the tiles and have a question regarding a small pieces just by the door.

Will it be ok to tile this in with a narrow cut just by the door entry or should I pull all the tiles in and make a cut in a full piece and cut the others along the wall down too?

Attachments

• 20160416_194157.jpg
    20160416_194157.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 104
Sponsored Links
Make sure all the existing boards are well screwed down, now just lay some 6 - 9 mm ply down, and remember to glue it down don't just rely on nails or staples.
a nice coat of unibond and you're ready for tiling. make sure that you use flexi tile adhesive for wood flooring. good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back