Floor Tiling

sh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a depth of 15 mm available for a ceramic tiled floor to be laid but we would like cable underfloor heating .Is it essential to have insulation as this will make the height too much.Any recommendations on makes etc.
thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't know the answer but I'm going to watch your post because we are also hoping to have underfloor heating under a tiled floor...

Whats the floor area? are you using the UF as the only means of heating the room or just to take the chill off the tiles, is it a downstairs or upstairs floor and what is it made of? Let us know.

Jason

Hi Jason,

butting in to sh's post I know, but wondered if you were an expert on under floor heating?

we are looking to have it under ceramic floor tiles in the kitchen/diner.. it will be the only type of heating in the room, the size of the room is around 22 x 12 ft but the floors are split level so possibly this would need to be taken into account?.

Is there anything particular to look out for?

Sponsored Links
THE FLOOR AREA IS 15sq METRES
THE FLOOR IS SCREEDED (DOWNSTAIRS KITCHEN)
IT IS A SECONDARY SOURCE OF HEAT (TO TAKE THE CHILL OFF)

Please do not SHOUT

It would take a long time to recover the cost of laying insulation, ad to this the height issue and it is nor really worth the extra work. Fit a time clock into the circuit so that the heat is only on when the kitchen is in use, an electronic one will allow you to have different settings for week & weekend, I have used ScrewFix No 17981 for this in several bathrooms (timer placed outside room).

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back