Floor to ceiling hairline crack in wall, advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a floor to ceiling hairline crack that after a new skim reopened a few months after.

It was gouged out and tried some toupret fill flex. Didn’t paint it and it appeared to be okay for a few months. Painted it and it shows through a different texture, highlights it more than the hairline crack really.

So applied some easi fill over the top and sanded it back. Painted it. Looked good. Crack reappeared (hairline).

Anything else I can do? The reskim has nearly a year later revealed no other cracks that were covered.

Sponsored Links
Is it hollow behind the crack? Expanding foam would work a treat. Then, finish off with your filler.

I often use the toupret flex product. In most cases it works well.

You may have been better off using Toupret RedLite over it.

As per @Koolpc 's post, are we talking about dot and dab plasterboard?

If yes, I would recommend drilling a series of holes either side of the the crack and squirting in expanding foam it is great at locking bouncy surfaces.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back