Flooring - fixing bouncy boards and then tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all - first post and all.

I would like to eventually lay floor tiles to the open plan dining room and kitchen - either natural or ceramic tiles but undecided as yet. The kitchen has a solid concrete floor, the dining room has part floor board (that bounce) and part solid concrete (where a small extension was done years ago)

So I have a few questions in terms of prep and I see my options as:

1)Replace boards area with 25mm ply and then cement board over the lot
2)Add 12mm ply over the whole area but I am unsure if this would fix the bounce and how I would fix to the solid floor.

Im unsure if any of there above would fix the bounce issue and which option is best really in terms of cost, ease and effectiveness.

I was initially going to go with option 2 but am now concerned this will not correct bounce and will lead to more increase in height than necessary from step to hall into kitchen. Option 1 would allow me to look at joists, have a smaller step and would mean less drilling into concrete

Any help or opinions appreciated

Thanks

[/b]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back