Flow rates

mth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Firebird external oil combi.

What I want to do is limit the flow of the DHW because when we run a bath the water comes out too fast and starts to cool down. Obviously I could turn the tap off a bit to limit the flow, but you end up constantly adjusting the tap to get a decent temp/flow combination.

However, what I want to do is get some kind of flow restrictor to limit the flow coming off the boiler to say 12 litres/min. Preferably an adjustable one so I can tweak it. That way the boiler will always give DHW at a consistent temp.

OR ideally, something that slows down the flow rate from the boiler to maintain a set temp.

Do these things exist? I can't seem to find anything on google but I don't really know what to search for except 'flow regulator' but that doesn't turn up much.

I know you can get thermostatic mixing valves as I have one on my shower.

I have got a spare PRV so could limit the pressure but I'm not sure on the relationship between pressure and flow.

FYI, my mains water pressure is between 5-6 bar.

Thanks,
Matt

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back