fluctuating water flow on mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just had a mixer shower fitted, taking hot water from a Combi boiler.

When I turn on the shower the water flow is constant but as it heats up and once it’s warm the flow of water starts to fluctuate (pump), high pressure, low pressure, high pressure, low pressure, etc, it changes every second or even less than second.

When I run hot water in the kitchen or in bathroom bath or sink then the water flow appears constant.

Ay ideas what could be causing this / how to fix it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You dont tell us the make and model of boiler!

As a start turn down the hot water temperature control on the boiler.

The boiler and shower are interacting with each other.

Why have you not complained to your shower installer and got him to sort it out?

Tony

sorry - it's a Worcester 28i boiler.

The plumber that fitted it has got a job in another part of the country and is no longer around (i got it fitted a month ago - but have only fully checked it now)

The boiler is approx 2 years old, and prior to getting this shower fitted there was no shower running from it. It was just running radiators and hot water taps.

Would running the shower, with the shower head below the mixer tap cause any problems? It's not permanently like this, it's just I was holding the shower head in my hand when I checked it.

Thanks.

As a start turn down the hot water temperature control on the boiler.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The boiler was actually already at the 'summer' setting and so is as low as it can go.

I did try it at a higher setting but the same thing happened.

Once the water becomes hot, the water starts to 'pulse'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back