Fluke !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
Having more money than sense in the past , I bought a tester to help me with learning for the 2391, I had worked with many sparks and robin /fluke seemed to be highly thought of. I picked up a 1653 with all the trimmings, but alas, i dont feel that this is a road i want to go down anymore, as not enough money in it. Any idea's where i can get rid of it please ? its all calibrated etc etc.
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
What about sticking up a card in a couple of local wholesalers?

Or ebay?

Cheers RF,
Even though I'm moving away from helping a sparkie ,I hope to continue asking questions and posting pic's, ( an RCBO for JD if I see one on my travels ),
I just dont need this kit and it's a waste, I did a DI. course and thought it would pay as a sideline, helping a qualified mate, i got us all the work etc but jeepers, profit margins i would expect from a library !!
I still find it all very interesting though, like this 17th ed thing about supplementary bonding, it always seemed like a calculted risk, linking up all the pipework, its like connecting another circ, and if that becomes live and the eebads aren't up to it then what ? my question about the size of the earth electrode 4 or 16mm2 , if the result was 4mm ,then how can a 4mm earth conductor be adequate for a 100a 25mm tails i ask myself, surely the fault current of the primary rcd ( 100ma ) is not the maximum.and as for the supplementary bonding i was interested as loads of cheapo chrome coming out and without tags, ( customers luv a nice tenby or eeze earth )
Thanks for your ongoing help. has Adam151 gone too ?

NotaSparky40 said:
Thanks for your ongoing help. has Adam151 gone too ?

Sorry, still around, just don't have as much free time as I'd like anymore :cry: college three days a week, part time doing admin work at least two (and lately its been three)

Today is my day off, and I've been into town to the station to buy rail tickets to get to college, and then popped into B&Q on way back and had a small difference of opinion with customer services, then home (and christmas traffic all up the highstreet :( ), lunch, then had a huge stack of outdoor christmas lights to string, halfway through called out to pick a sibling up from school due to a missed taxi, continued the lights well into darkness with help, then went out for a pub meal with the family, and then came home and came on here.

Tommorow I'm back at work (overtime on my birthday!) and then college for three)

Sponsored Links
Why not stick at it mate? The early days are hard but eventually you'll pick up. The Fluke's a great bit of kit, but you need practice. Concentrate on getting used to it for installation testing before jumping into the PIR world.

If you do decide to sell, there is a ready market on e-bay -it'll get snapped quickly and you'll get a good price, esp. with a current cal. cert. Probably about 70% of what you paid for it.

(I picked up a 6mth old Metrel myself there a few weeks ago).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back