Flushing a Central Heating System??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glowworm Combi boiler that keeps locking out (when in central heating mode - all OK with Hot Water demand only). So I called on my British Gas support contract, and the guy said PowerFlush, not covered by T&C, we can do it but for £500!!!

So with some advice from friends, I have successfully injected Fernox System Restorer into the system, which has made AMAZING results...

The next step however, is the bit I am confused about! The instructions are 'flush the system until the water runs clear'; makes it sound very easy! I have looked for various sources of help on the internet and cannot find a simple step by step guide on how to Flush a heating system powered by a Combi Boiler.

I have my Fernox Inhibitor ready to inject into the system once flushed, but need to know the flush bit first...

Am I just stoopid or am I missing something? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer or website to point me towards...

Sponsored Links
Lammy said:

Am I just stoopid or am I missing something? :rolleyes:

No and yes, use the search tool and search the forum, or look up and down the current page. There are many threads on flushing, also look up Kamco.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back