focus st170 pads+discs ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all ! i have an 04 focus st170, i wanna change the brake pads and also put on some vented discs. regarding the disc part,can the vented ones be put on as a straight swap from the standard (unvented)ones and is there anything i need to adjust or buy before doing ?

Sponsored Links
Drilled and grooved discs (you'll already have vented ones on the front and possibly the rear) fit as a direct replacement for the originals.
Have I read your post correctly? Can you be more specific as to front or back?
John :)

thanks for such a quick reply ! sorry i shud of put drilled and groved ! and i'm on about fitting all round . cheers.

No worries mate - the new discs will be fine so long as the thicknesses are the same and the supplier will sort that.
Personally speaking I think that these are a worthwhile fit because they actually work. I can't comment about their high speed performance but the rust gets scraped off the discs much more quickly - which is a benefit when your vehicles sit around doing nothing for ages - like mine!

Sponsored Links
many thanks. my car does sit around for sometime before it does get used,and as for the high speed! well that aint me ! you heard of miss daisy ? cheers :D

unless you drive like a hooligan stick with a decent set of discs and mintex pads for the front. i cant see much point in uprating the rear discs but thats up to you, just use a good quality pad.
I wouldnt touch racing pads as they need a **** load of heat in them to start working properly which isnt possible on the road.

Try and avoid drilled discs and just go for grooved I have known then to crack around the hole with all of the heat cycles they go through

Might be just my lead feet though :oops:

If as he said he does drive like Miss Daisy, then he'd be as well puting a set of brake calipers from a pushbike on it instead of wasting money upgrading.
But, it's his money.

By comparison, I tend to drive like Mr. Daisy but I did find by fitting these discs the tendency for the disc surface to completely rust over has gone.
Off eBay, (Fabia VRS) 4 drilled and grooved discs - ventilated front, solid back, including Mintex pads all round, £149 including delivery. Sounded good to me and still does!

Driving like Miss Daisy in a Focus ST 170...oh aye :D
Wondering if gingerbear is actually Jari Matti Latvala :D

i'm afraid not ! just someone looking for help ! as for jari matti latvala if you pop to the docs he may be able to give you smmut for that ! it dont sound good ! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back