Ford KA Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The heater on my 2004 KA blows ok at all speeds but the temp stays luke warm, I suspect the heater valve but where is it and is it the old cable push/pull type ?

Thanks, Robbo

Sponsored Links
Well, I managed to cure the problem myself, in true DIY spirit !

After reading other reports about 'sticking' heater valves, I removed the valve from under the bulkhead area after removing the wiper blades and the plastic covers.

The valve has a solonoid attached to it, I removed the screws, (tiny star shaped) and pulled the centre bobbin out.

For some reason, the bobbin had become too long and was holding down on the valve seat, holding one end of the bobbin and pushing in the other, I reduced the overall length of the bobbin and when the valve was assembled and connected to the 12v supply (with the ignition was turned on) worked fine.

I now have a red-hot heater, the temp control still works ok too.

I would just like to know how the temp control works, to me, a solonoid is either on or off, i.e. heater is hot or cold.

robbo

since you asked, the heater control knob on the ka/fiesta varies the current passing through the solenoid coil. larger current- more force to pull against the spring i.e. valve opens more. lower the current (turn down the knob) valve doesn't open as far. hope this is clear :D

dave

Sponsored Links
Back