form filling :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when completing forms (eic for example) must the forms from your reg body be used, ie must a napit member use napit forms or can any eic be used from say copied from regs or using a tysoft programme etc??

Sponsored Links
We're with the ECA and I use Tysoft EasyCert Pro to complete certificates and reports.

friend gave me a disk for computer to fill out and print forms and although they look much nicer than iee forms they are not identical to napit/ nic forms and so wasnt sure if they could be used :)

Sponsored Links
Each scheme member probably has its own rules but depending on what your scheme says you can use anything that complies with Appendix 6 BS7671:2008. Both NICEIC & NAPIT forms contain items over and above App 6 requirements. Plenty of others available in both paper and software format nearly all I've seen comply with App 6 - or get busy with Excel and make up your own - doesn't take long.

I use a customised word template with pull down boxes

Form is in black with the bits you fill in in blue

A unique numbering system and backed up on an external hard drive so I have no need to keep paper copies.

I sought permision from Napit to insert their logo

I thought the scheme providers were all happy to let you insert their logos on your own paperwork as long as you were a member and complied with their rules about sizes etc. Their HQ should email you the necessary .jpeg

You can get software such as amtech which will print directly onto the forms you buy from your scheme provider.

This looks the most professional IMO.

thanks for help rang napit and they accept any form to bs7671.

also managed to accquire a copy of easycert, excellent programme.

Megger Powersuite can print directly onto NICEIC, ECA Select & now ELECSA forms. You can now even notify ELECSA through the software.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back