Fox destruction

Sponsored Links
Wow never seen that happen before, Do you know why they are coming in your garden in the first place? Not worth doing anything really until you can sort out the fox problem first, just flatten it down for now it might take back.

You've most likely got an infestation of chafer grubs and the foxes are going after them. I've had similar damage by crows going after the grubs. I doubt there's anything worth saving from your picture, probably best to start again with either turf or seed. There are various controls for the chafer grubs - this RHS page gives details of what to use and when:

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/profile.aspx?pid=487

Sponsored Links
Cheers

We had 7 fox cubs under our decking about 2 years ago, they would come out and play in the garden like little kittens, we never fed them or could never get close to them as any noise or sight of a human and they'd scarper under the decking and into the deep burrow. These left after a few months, now we have more, not sure how many or where they are nesting as we haven't seen any, only the many muddy foot prints and the ruined grass.
What about a fox cage?? Where do you take the fox once captured??

You need to destroy the den and prevent the same or another fox digging it out again otherwise you'll have the same problem. I wouldn't bet against them haivng a go at artificial turf either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back