Framing porch/entrance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a single story flat roof section of our house, it is our entrance.

The front and rear walls are identical, single glazed "windows" and door. Quite flimsy timber frame.

Here is the rear wall, excuse the baby jumper.

photo-9.jpg

The rear wall is more exposed to the elements and is very rotten under the "window" and sections of the door frame. I want to tear out both the front and rear walls, reframe, put in proper double glazed windows and more substantial and appealing doors. These are not load bearing walls. I was messing about in sketchup tonight and came up with the following rough draft plan for a timber frame. Window and door sections are not exact as they would be subject to the size of the windows and door we purchase.

overkill-1.jpg

I am planning from outside inwards to wood clad (to match some other sections of the house), membrane, ply, insulate, and plaster.

So, is this framing excessive? What would you change or would you do the entire thing differently?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back