Franke mixer tap installation issue???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am imagine most Franke Kitchen mixer taps are pretty similar in the information I require, but it a sad time when not even Franke can give you the information I need.

The tap was purchased direct from Amazon, at the time I did not know it was a Polish tap and not a UK model. The enquiry went through the ranks at Franke and not one person could give the information to install this tap. Due to the nature of my pipework I require a pair of tap connectors that are slightly longer than what came with the item. There was no info with the tap, on the tap connectors or on the Franke website as to what thread size i required to fit into the base of the tap (M10/M12). As a last resort I asked the question on Amazon and someone replied saying an M10 thread, I purchased a new pair of connectors and on comparing them to the ones supplied the M10 braided section seems too narrow. The thread ends for both pairs when you eyeball them seem pretty similar and both screw in at slightly different depths but appear secure. I am left baffled and hopefully someone else could shed some light on what thread is best.

Tap purchased: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Franke-15-...d=1468441195&sr=8-9&keywords=franke+tap+mixer

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Every kitchen mixer tap I have ever bought has come with the correct 'tails'. If they have ever been too short I have simply extended the existing copper pipes.
You must have some weird pipework

I think the op needs to provide a picture in order to obtain more useful help here. Both of existing pipework and the fittings.

Sponsored Links
The pipework isn't so much as dodgy but more the fact that it is short. The set up for my current Franke tap is two copper tap tails coming out of the base of the tap into flexihose then connected to a service valve. The flexi connectors that come with the tap are 400mm and I need 600mm. For the cost of copper pipe and other bits to d the job it just seemed easy just to use a longer flexi.....well so I thought.

Most flexi`s that come with the taps are around 400mm, perhaps your existing ones are not the original items. Also manufactures have the right to alter things over time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back