freeview timer recording

ddd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'd like to record digital tv (freview) channels on my dvd hd recorder by using the 'timer' record option (ie different day/time) on the recorder. I know how to set up the recorder. The problem is:

-If the digital tv (freview capable) is turned off, the digital recorder does not record anything (well, black). I'd rather not leave the tv on for 3 weeks if i am on holiday just to record a few programmes...

-Ok, then I connected my old freeview box to the dvdhd recorder, which does not depend on the tv being switched on. All seemed fine until i discovered that the box turns itself off when left overnight. Thus, it's no use if i want to record something in a couple of days...

I could use the analogue connections to record the main 5 channels, but ideally i'd like to be able to record freeview channels too...

hopefully i am missing something?

thanks

Sponsored Links
can your recorder change chanels on your freeveiw box or can you automate the chanel changing on yur freeveiw box!!

i have just invested in a freeveiw digital record 200hrs 500gb twin channel pause replay live telly ect £140

recording whole series take 3 seconds once its on the screen

as big-all suggests, a freeview PVR is the way to go. The days of a recorder controlling the channel switching of a tuner box are long gone now that digital recorders are cheap(ish).

It's an investment, sure, but in the long run buying the correct bit of kit to do the job right is well worth the money.

Sponsored Links
I know my Panasonic TV has three modes.
1 Standby and uses less than 1W
2 Running and uses about 115W
3 Tuner and uses about 15W
Long time since I tried to use it think I had to select programs on the program guide and since I have sky and free to air not a feature I need to use.
Only option is read your manual

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back