Freezer Door Ajar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have a AEG fridge freezer integrated.

The freezer door is slightly open a the top ... but is flush a the bottom. Can't see any adjustment screws on the hinges - and don't know wtf to do. I just spent 3 hours defrosting the thing so don't want to be doing that again. It's not sealing when closed.

Here are some photos, hope you can help. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It looks like the whole of the appliance has been pushed back on the L.H.S.
Pull it to the front of the housing so that it lines up squarely with the doors. There may be a securing bracket under the left hand foot that it has jumped out of ( can't see from the pics)

As you will see from the image below the lining up is about the same. It's not easy to get hold anything to pull the appliance one way or the other as it's in a unit ... but I did try to give it a yank with no effect.

The door definitely seems at an angle and it would be good to be able to adjust it, but I can't see adjustment screws ???

I can't see any way of adjusting them from your pics.The only other thing I can suggest is that the top hinge has worn, can you take it off & see if there is movement at the point it pivots. They seem to be easily available (unusually) so perhaps it is a common fault.

Sponsored Links
Fixed it !

I took the wooden door off. At the top there is long white plastic cap that kind of slides off revealing 2 bolts. And on the outer side of the door there is a plastic cap also that slides off revealing 2 screws.

Undoing all that and the outer door comes off.

Freezer door closes fine.

So re-mounted the outer door adjusting the distance of the wooden door from the internal door ... there is some adjustment room in the brackets.

Now closes fine.

Miller Time !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back