Fridge Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a fridge in our kitchen (a Homark Larder one) which hasn't worked now for about two years. I know its bad but it sits behind a cupboard door and we have the use of one of those big fridge freezers plus I'm exceeding bad at getting things done, so it just gets forgotten about.

We've never even had it looked at. The light works but there's no cold and no noise so I've alway assumed it was caput.

What's the chances that it's something that could be fixed?

Assuming it can't be fixed are there any issues about keeping it as a storage cupboard?

And if it is the case that I really ought to dismantle that part of the kitchen to remove it, what are the procedures for getting rid of them these days?

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

Sponsored Links
it can be fixed, but probaly not worth it. as for disposal ask your local council

All things can be fixed.How much do you want to pay.
Local councils charge to collect, or you can take to them F.O.C.

Sponsored Links
If it's just the thermostat failed it is worth fixing. If anyone is competent with electrics the thermostat can be temporarily bypassed to check if it's that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back