Friendly format 80e dhw problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one help with this problem?

On CH it works fine. When DHW the boiler fires up, burner pressure goes up to 9.5 mbar (correct), water from HW tap gets warm (not correct temp for flow). After 20-50 seconds burner pressure modulates down to about 4mbar and then shuts off.

I have monitored the flow and return temps from main heat exchanger, the flow never gets above 80°C. There is about 22°C drop through the plate heat exchanger.

I have tried bridging out the limit stat and the safety stat. this made no difference

The only thing that made the boiler stay on was removing the thermistor from the pipe. This test was repeated about 5 times, and only once did it allow the boiler to run normally! All the other occasions it repeated the above behaviour.

checked the thermistor temp/ resistance 45°C = 5k seems ok

Is it the PCB

Ps does any one have a phone number for Sime technical help

Any ideas!

Sponsored Links
Well Sime were exhibiting at the CORGi show today so I dont think its liquidated! I even said hello to their sales manager and he looked well fed!

It seems pretty obvious to me that the secondary heat exchanger is partially blocked!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back