Front Door Locks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a new front uPVC door a while back. It has a Lockmaster lock with standard type handles on the indise and outside. What I don't like about it is that fact that when it is unlocked you can open it from the outside by just turning the handle.
Is there a replacement lock/handle available so that it can only be opened from the outside with a key?

Sponsored Links
i know what you are saying, i have seen a lot of doors like that and most people leave a key in the inside and lock it (cos its cheaper) besk ask the company who fitted the door can they fit another lock, or ask a good locksmith

I'm afraid you have a wrong type lock fitted,the type of lock you've mention are for conservatory or back door.The front door lock type should be only open with a key and for extra security the handle flip upward for the internal side pin etc...
I'm finding more & more manufacter's are going for the one you've got as people are locking themselves out and this prevent this.The good news it can be change and the bad news could be the cost.

Thanks for the reply Masona :)

Exactly what part of the mechanism has to be replaced - the whole thing or just the lock/handles?

Can you suggest a supplier/website and rough cost involved in replacing the lock?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there a manufacter's make on the lock or serial number would help because there are hundreds difference type !

Having said that,you might away with just changing the door handle ! (the locks are nearly all the same,but they don't tell you that).They do handle which you can't push down,I managed to modify one with a small bolt inside but not easy.Take the handle off and have a look.

Ahhh! too late,looks like the "Diynot" has deleted the post as the company maybe was advertising their products.I must admit,I get a bit confused as what advertising is allow on this forum as it was only a website link which is no difference like "Screwfit" etc or maybe I'm missing the point?

you are.

someone who joins is more than welcome to mention any site / company they like so long as it is not deframitary (is that the right word) or other such abuse. like wise, signatures can not contain your own / company website unless of course you are me :LOL:

and my new website is

www.diynot.co.uk

(only joking diy not own the .co.uk too)

how ever, places like the one to which you refer, join, post their own url, and are never heard of again, its called advertising which is not allowed unless paid for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back