Front door threshold ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure where this fits, so I've put it here. What on earth can I do with this threshold? It is raised up from the main concrete floor. The front door will be painted white both sides. The outside step will remain white gloss.

The inside is currently brown lino tiles with a metal angle strip along the edge. I assume under it is just concrete. In my mums house it is bare concrete. I have thought about tiling this but this will involve trimming the door. Again. Our joiner is fed up of this front door - he's had to repair it by gluing it back together once!

Any ideas?
20170315_113944.jpg
20170315_113931.jpg
20170315_113906.jpg
20170315_113912.jpg

Sponsored Links
Tiles should have been removed and carpeted up to front door.Very strange arrangement. All you can do now is remove tiles and get the underside level and maybe glue down a strip of 6mm ply or mdf and paint it.

Tiles should have been removed and carpeted up to front door.Very strange arrangement. All you can do now is remove tiles and get the underside level and maybe glue down a strip of 6mm ply or mdf and paint it.
I appreciate it's been left a bit late to do anything with it. Not sure you understand this is actually a ledge. It's not level with the rest of the concrete floor but slightly higher maybe 15mm.

Your idea though sounds like it would still work.

Sponsored Links
It does look weird

What gap do you have? How much do you want to do?

You could glue a thin sheet of aluminium (treadplate)!over the tiles, or replacing them
Or carefully remove some concrete without smashing the surroundings and insert a piece of hardwood in it's place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back