FRONT DOOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My front door faces directly into the prevailing wind. When it rains rain seeps in at the bottom of the door and soaks the carpet. Can someone give me a tip on products I can use to prevent this/

Sponsored Links
A weather bar is a strip plastic or metal flat bar rebated into the sill. The bottom of the door then have a rebate section cut to allow the door to shut plus a threshold on the front of the bottom of the door will guide the rain away from the weather bar.

Although you can now fit a threshold kit like this
MWK_20.jpg

ahhh, you don't say if you have upvc or wooden door

masona said:
A weather bar is a strip plastic or metal flat bar rebated into the sill. The bottom of the door then have a rebate section cut to allow the door to shut plus a threshold on the front of the bottom of the door will guide the rain away from the weather bar.

Although you can now fit a threshold kit like this
MWK_20.jpg

ahhh, you don't say if you have upvc or wooden door

Our door is hard wood.We have a weather bar but not the Threshold. The weather bar itself is not enough towithold the rain but it seems the Threshold in conjunction with this may do the trick. Do you think B&Q will have these and will they also call them Threshods?

Sponsored Links
Yes they will have them and most diy superstores or timber merchant. Shop around as they do a wide one as well. Some are universal for narrow or wide threshold

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back