Fuel boss executive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a house in which the previous owner had installed what he called a 'very sophisticated heating control system'. I can find no makers mark or any information about it on the web. British Gas had no record of any control system like it when they came to see if we were valid for their repair service - and for that reason their warranty would not cover it. This system's control box is now playing up and turning the heating on whenever it feels like it and I'd like to get support. The control box is about 30cm by 15cm and was manufactured around 1984 (date on inside of box). The only writing on the box is a lable with FUEL BOSS EXECUTIVE with a picture of a man that looks like the fat controller next to it, lower down it says Environmental Control Sytem and further down still it say "Giving you more from your central Heating.

When the box worked it allowed you to to program in the time you 'wanted the heating or water to come on, set the temperature of the water and the heating, and to set a temp min overide that automatically turn on central heating or water if the temp fell below a range. I quite like the unit but have no idea who made it or if replacement units are available with appropriate wiring diagrams. The sensors themselve have no makers mark or adjustable controls so if I cannot find the original maker I'll have to start from Scratch. Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
The only suggestion I can make is that it may be the predecessor to the Boiler Boss controller made by Erie Controls, now part of the US Invensis Group.

Finding anyone who knows anything about is less likely.

US companies in my experience rarely respond to enquiries about their products unless you are buying.

Tony

sounds like an early electronic timer. replace it. stats/motorised valves arent anything special are they or has it got control of a manifold??? then you might ave trouble

I haven't seen one of those, but it sounds like the Danfoss Boiler Energy Manager. They might be worth having as they will increase the running efficiency of the system.

Some modern boilers - Atag and Viessmann have this type of energy efficiency control gear built in as standard. It is called full weather compensation. By using an external thermocouple and room sensor, the boiler is able to accurately calculate the required flow temperature required to keep the house warm. It is able to calculate the heat loss of the house!

Partial weather compensation - which I think is what you have, is just having an outside sensor to adjust the boiler flow temperature. This is ok but if there are rooms with a big heat loss they may not get warm enough.

Sponsored Links
"""By using an external thermocouple and room sensor""".

Are you quite sure its a thermocouple and not the more usual NTC resistor?

Tony Glazier

"very sophisticated"= ripped off by a salesman :LOL: I used to get them ringing me up @ the hotel I used to maintain...they would try and sell me a control system for our heating .then I`d tell `em we`d got a million BTU bank of boilers and a fully intergrated weather compensated control system anyway (true) :LOL:

Agile said:
"""By using an external thermocouple and room sensor""".

Are you quite sure its a thermocouple and not the more usual NTC resistor?

Tony Glazier

I was just seeing if anyone was paying attention :oops:

Would it by any chance have a rechargeable back up battery in it? If this has failed to a low resisatance it could drag down the operating voltages in the circuit causing all manner of problems. Open the box and have a look.

much like the 'Churchwarden' energy management system I encountered in my...and here comes the surprise....church.

They actually made a timer for churchwardens, which I find admiral.
It has a picture on it of a church too.
Perhaps the same company is working on the 'old_biddy' model for the more mature users out there. Oh, who are always deaf aswell.

David

Soggy_weetabix said:
much like the 'Churchwarden' energy management system I encountered in my...and here comes the surprise....church.

They actually made a timer for churchwardens, which I find admirable.
It has a picture on it of a church too.
Perhaps the same company is working on the 'old_biddy' model for the more mature users out there. Oh, who are always deaf aswell.

David
Are they going to make one for "the gullible" :?: I`ll pose for the picture

im an electrician and am having the same trouble seems they've just vanished found out there from carlisle just wondering did you fins anything to replace this as we can find nothing, ours is called a fuelboss diplomat and ambassador please help..

ive got an energy boss with a problem too. mine keeps making moaning noises when i leave the telly and lights on. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back