Fuel reserves for the buses?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw two buses (proper buses, with route numbers and everything) fill up at my local Sainsbury's forecourt this evening. As I was parked right next to the petrol station I couldn't help myself but to strain a look at the display on the pump, expecting it to be displaying a total of 300 litres or so. Was it knackers. The cheapskate had only put 44 litres in. 10 gallons.

However, it reveals a greater issue: 2 buses filling up at a public petrol station. Conserving stocks at the depot perhaps? Hmmm...

Sponsored Links
a couple of thoughts where they in there local area where they work thus not having a company depot
may be the depot is running short of fuel
or are they old busses sold on to another buyer who is driving them away

who knows one off lifes mysteries

Polish drivers - lost no doubt !! We have them down hereabouts, passengers sometimes have to navigate for them .. of course the bus then tends to pass that person's gate, bus route or not .. takes a hell of a time to reach the terminus tho :D :D :D :D

AdamW said:
I saw two buses (proper buses, with route numbers and everything) fill up at my local Sainsbury's forecourt this evening. As I was parked right next to the petrol station I couldn't help myself but to strain a look at the display on the pump, expecting it to be displaying a total of 300 litres or so. Was it knackers. The cheapskate had only put 44 litres in. 10 gallons.

However, it reveals a greater issue: 2 buses filling up at a public petrol station. Conserving stocks at the depot perhaps? Hmmm...

were they complete with passengers?!

imagine, your on a bus and it heads towars the petrol station...

Sponsored Links
Same as with the military. It might not always be possible to use a military camps POL point so you can be issued with an agency card and away you go!! :)

It's obvious they don't get the vouchers and points on their cards when filling up at the depot ;)

Well, polling day tomorrow. If there is to be a strike it won't be long now

Back