Fuse in a Bosch battery charger

Sponsored Links
Replace the fuse with a bit of thick wire, and power the thing up.

Watch for smoke etc coming out of the bits which are broken.
I was thinking just try with a bit of 5 amp fusewire first.if it works then do it properly, if not then you aint wasted time and much money

That fuse does not look very 'blown'. The normal faults on this sort of thing usually result in the fuse wire exploding violently. Replace the fuse and it will likely work. The fuse value is stamped on the end cap, but you can't see it as that side is facing the PCB, remove the fuse and it will say.

To test safely without wasting money on fancy fuses, wire a 100W lightbulb in place of the fuse, if there is a fault the bulb will light brightly, but there will be no explosions. If the charger is OK, the bulb may light briefly, or dimly, and the charger should power. Don't attempt to charge a battery with the bulb in place. I have a Makita 10.8V charger here, the fuse is 3.15A, which is also helpfully printed on the PCB.

I can read the 250v rating in the photo so surely you can read the amp rating with it in front of you?

It could have just been a flaw in that particular piece of fuse wire, because others have said, it doesn't look 'blown'

Glass fuses are awesome though, much easier than getting the tester out.

Sponsored Links
definatly a "T"
although it looks a bit like Lf or le before the "T" if that means anything but its hard to read as the fuse is in situ and the first and last bit off information is turning down the sides out off sight

It's what is known as bυggered - break the glass tube and pull the caps out, then you'll be able to read them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back