Fuse rating for conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking at adding a couple of heaters to the conservatory which is currently just spured of a socket in the house (done when it was built 8 years ago). No I know this would not be the best idea so I am thinking of running a new cable from the house consumer unit in the garage. I have space to add another connection switch inside but not sure what would be the best fused switch to get or if this would be OK i.e.like a spur not a ring from the box. I am going to fit 2No. 1.2KW heaters and run the usual TV, DVD, pond pump (not big) etc in the conservatory. There is a fan/light currently fitted which is run of a fused socket. Once I get the cable from the garage (I presume wire armoured would be best) to the conservatory, what would be my best course of action i.e. another separate fuse box to feed the different things of something else. And lastly would like anything showing i.e. fuse box, to be neat and unobtrusive so any suggestions welcome. :)

Just noticed after browsing the forum that I should not run any cable in my dwaf wall cavity (no insulation in side it), trouble is the existing sockets etc (done when it was originaly built) run in the cavity with surface mounted backboxes. Currently the wall is brick surface but we want it to be plastered so should I re route all the cables on to the surface under protection then have them plastered over as I intend to change the supply route for the electrics as above?

The more I read about electrics the more this simple job looks complicated, now do I now have to inform LABC about my intended work even if I get an electrician to do it instead?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back