Fused connection units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've installed a fcu (with 3 amp fuse) as part of the ring main. I intend to use this to power two circuits. A straight connection from the load terminals of the fcu to a shaver socket in the bathroom (1mm T&E) and the second to power an outside halogen lamp(500w). The lamp is wired with flex that comes in through the wall and will go to the flex outlet of the fcu. However my intention is to use another length of T&E to take the live from the fcu (load terminal) to a single pole switch mounted in another room and then back to the fcu using a piece of chock block to complete the circuit.

As far as I can see there's no problem with the load being drawn through the fcu. Is there any reason that I can't do it this way i.e. should I use a separate fcu for each circuit?

Oh and for those of you who replied to my previous post (live/earth fault) on removing the socket the freezer was plugged into I discovered that the earth and neutral had been wired the wrong way round!

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back