G23 mini flourescent tube ballast connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a BIAX G23 base mini fluorescent tube and a Vosloh Schwabe 11 watt ballast but have no idea how to connect the two. I need to know where the mains wires go into the ballast and where the wires to the lamp base come out.

All help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A picture of the ballast and lamp would help.
There will be a drawing on the ballast,I assume by G23 you have a 2 pin base.

You give no ballast details so i assume a 2 connection magnetic ballast.

The mains live will go to the terminal on the ballast, usually marked Line or L on the ballast or drawing, the other ballast connection is the output terminal which will go to 1 pin of the lamp/base.
The 2nd pin of the lamp/base will connect to mains Neutral.
The ballast will likely also need an Earth connection.

Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately I cannot find such markings on the ballast. There are some VERY faint markings which I can't read even with a magnifying glass - but from what you said (and with meter readings) I assume that only one wire goes in and one wire comes out. I will connect as per what you said and see what happens. I will let you know.

To be fair with the modern 2 wire ballast i am not sure it matters.
This is a larger VS ballast if you look the drawing shows an L to the left of the wiring schematic, towards the top left of the unit.
In that case i would insert the Live into the top left terminal, as said not sure it matters these days.
Some other makes though do mark The Live and Load terminals though.

knox50021746c_9dbe2126-5689-4ee2-904d-ac8d7e052267_large.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back