Gainsborough shower leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Help would be greatly appreciated. I have the above shower in 8.5 SE. It started to leak water from inside the unit this morning. I'm wondering if this is something that can be fixed. I need to get a new hose and holder anyway (which is quite expensive on the Gainsborough website) so am thinking it might be better getting a new one. all depends on the costs if this one can be fixed

My other question is, am I restricted to an 8.5? I want a power shower that's got better water pressure

thanks

Sponsored Links
Where is it leaking? Take cover off and look at inlet connection if leaking when not in use. You may be able to tighten up fittings BUT make sure electric off first. Be careful with spanner as plastic connections get brittle with age, I know to my cost.

Thanks for your replies. I took the cover off and while the hose is off the water just comes out without leaking anywhere. When I put the hose on and turn the temperature down (in my shower this gives it more pressure) it starts coming out from the plastic tube that the hose is attached to. I've tried tightening it up but its still doing it. Could it be just the hose? It doesn't looked clogged up or anyhthing like that

SO I need an electrician and a plumber if I want to change to a power shower?

thanks again
Paulina

Sponsored Links
If you have a spare washer try putting it in the fitting, it way be the old one is worn.

I'm back again, still having problems.

I went out to get a new hose as I needed one anyways. It has new washers on it. Shower is still leaking. When I open the unit and the hose is off the water does not spray form the inside. When I put the hose on the water comes out from this part http://www.gainsboroughshowers.co.uk/parts-store/Gainsborough-Showers/Gainsborough-85ES/ Part 1. Looks like the water is coming from the little hole at the back of this pipe

thanks

Paulina

so its leaking from the PRD (pressure relief device) if you replace it then it should stop leaking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back