Galaxy G2-12 Part Bells & Night Bells

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

Hope everyone is keeping safe during these testing times .

I had a question about the part bells and night bells setting in 51 parameters.

When the part set and night set has been activated and a zone is opened and the unsetting timer counts down from 30. If 30 seconds pass, only the internal sounders goes off, the outside Bell does not activate. Its this normal? Ideally I want the bell to activate also it it could be an Intruder.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Engineering menu 51.19 and 51.20 need to be set to 1.

upload_2020-8-3_1-20-57.png

Thanks alot Stuart, as always you are very helpful. Will give that a try. Regards. Amz

When the part set and night set has been activated and a zone is opened and the unsetting timer counts down from 30. If 30 seconds pass, only the internal sounders goes off, the outside Bell does not activate. Its this normal? Ideally I want the bell to activate also it it could be an Intruder.

Only zones set as FINAL should start the countdown timer, other zones should be set to (for example) INTRUDER, thus setting the alarm off immediately if triggered.

Sponsored Links
Hi Alan. I commissioned the alarm at my mums house yesterday, it was a DIY install project. I will test both scenarios again this week.

I've configured Night Set as:
1001 Main Door Contact FINAL
1002 Hall PIR FINAL
1003 Front Lounge PIR EXIT
1004 Kitchen PIR INTRUDER
1011 Rear Door Contact INTRUDER
1012 Landing PIR NOT ACTIVE
1013 Rear Bed PIR NOT ACTIVE

Regards

Amz

Okay gents, so I've figured out what the issue is.

Night set is activated and completed. The Front door contact and the Hall PIR are final zones . Someone enters from the front door. The 30 second entry time starts. After 30 seconds no pin code has been entered & the internal sounder goes off for around 30 seconds. Then the bell box activates outside. Is it normal for the bell box to go off after 1 minute of entering the property from a Final zone, the 1st 30 seconds is the countdown, but should the alarm by design wait an additional 30 seconds after the countdown has finished to activate the bell?

Thanks

Regards

Amz

The alarm is functioning as it should. Bells will sound if the entry timer expires unless the bell delay us enabled. If the users don't have enough time to switch off, then increase the entry time.

Thank you Stuart, as always you are very helpful SME.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back