Garage Consumer unit

Ok

So, does the house MCB trip if you turn off the MCB for the lights in the garage?

Then
does the house MCB trip if you turn off the MCB for the sockets in the garage?

That should narrow it down to sockets or lights.
Your problem could be the cable run to the garage.

Why don't you get your professional electrician to sort this out. It is, after all, his problem. If he is truly a professional he will want to sort it out.

Sponsored Links
Could it be inrush current from the compressor that is taking out a B type breaker?

It doesn't take much to trip a B 16.

Could it be inrush current from the compressor that is taking out a B type breaker?

If that is the case, would I be able to increase the size of the mcb in the house consumer unit that is powering the garage??

Sponsored Links

If that is the case, would I be able to increase the size of the mcb in the house consumer unit that is powering the garage??

I would advise you to figure out if that's the case before committing to anything. Please, test and find out what trips it. It's not difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back