garage conversion question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i am currently thinking about converting my detached double garage for the rental market. The garage is roughly 7mx7m and through the middle is a block wall approx 2m long each end between the 2 garage doors which acts to support a catnic lintel which supports the roof timbers span. Is this going to cause problems as a cold bridge owing to the fact that the walls are tied in and therefore part of the outside wall? I am thinking of 100mm studwork with a 50mm cavity, vapour barrier and 100mm celotex between studs but was worried that these small internal block walls could be an issue.
Many thanks,
Si

Sponsored Links
It was just that these interior walls are tied to the outside and was a bit worried that moisture or cold would penetrate to inside through the blocks

Sponsored Links
Conversions will often mean compromises have to be made and most Building Control officers are reasonable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back