garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one advise where I can purchase just a garage door without all the operating components, springs, runners, ect. The garage is converted to a room with the original garage door opening bricked up with the intention of fitting a new dummy door to keep the original appearance of the house
To save money I am trying to source a company or supplier who can just supply the door with no other components, but for some reason this is proving difficult

Sponsored Links
How much do you hope to save by buying just a door from a supplier - without the few extra parts and increased admin for them, as opposed to a cheap door kit from one of the sheds?

Or knock up a look-a-like from some ply sheets and architrave

If you was to add up the cost of all the operating components using a replacement parts list as a guide along with the assembly labour cost saving i would expect to half the overall cost although i'am sure it doesn't work that way, however it should still be possible to make a considerable saving
Maybe there could be a niche market in just suppling dummy doors as i'am not the only one with the idea of bricking up the opening and fitting a dummy garage door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back