Garage / shed upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Started building an insulated stud wall room in my garage that I could keep from getting damp.

The garage is really a 2 bay timber shed that has been extended out to a third bay.

There is a brick foundation around the perimeter of the old shed and this also has been extended out to the third bay.
What was the wall between the old shed and the third bay is now a couple of wood pillars (aka fence posts).
The rectangular boxes represent the brick wall of the foundation under the ground.
The floor is concrete slab / screed

1663368796265.png

It occurred to me that I could support the roof of the old shed on one of the room walls. Like this.

1663369175484.png

Giving me more space above as I could get rid of the trusses and replace with rafters
My concern is what would be under the stud wall. Curently just a conrete slab / screed
Any suggestions for something easy-ish to install into / under a concrete slab (and who knows what underneath) that would support the base of the stud wall properly even if I was to load the smaller section of the roof with something like PV panels?
Suggestions much appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back