garden project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Current running total for my garden project is just under£4k, off my head here are a few costs...

£1400 for 50m2 of stonemarket paving and walling
£150 for installation of the external socket
£140 for the lights
~£350 for 3 skips

Equipement hire was the other big cost, dont use HSS. FInd a local hire shop. Our local place was much cheaper and service was fantastic.

I hope that we've saved some cash by DIYing it. I'm sure it would cost more than £4k to get this far if we paid someone else.

We underestimated the amount of sand needed for the bedding. Used 6 ton bags in the end! The paving bed is a bit thicker than we planned :oops:

Its taken a while, we started in mid April and turf arrives next weekend. Been very hard work, luckily my gf is happy to get stuck in, so it wasnt just me. First time we've done anything like this. Everything was learnt from sites like this.
Feel free to ask anything else, I could probably write a short book about this experience!

Hope that helps
Alan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back