Gas Air valve on powermax 155

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
my gas air valve needs adjusting as it is whistling, what I'd like to know is can it be adjusted on more than one occasion? It is 9 yrs old.

It was making the whoop whoop noise last year so it was adjusted once, however my neighbours was whistling and that was adjusted but when theirs started making the whoop whoop noise they were told it could only be adjusted once, so the plumber replaced it with an adjustable one (for £200) and I'm hoping he was wrong this close to christmas.

Thanks very much in anticipation

Sponsored Links
These boilers are considered to be problematic and the only advice is to call the manufacturer's for service, Baxi/Potterton HeatTeam.

Tony

They can be adjusted as much as you like as long as they can attain the right readings although the valve may well have been the superceded version which should be fitted. These adjustments are the ones which have killed and caused carbon monoxide scares even when carried out by those who should know.

Sponsored Links
Don't attempt this unless you're sure you know what you are doing....a differential manometer is a minimum requirement.....as well as a FGA to check readings post adjustment......best call heateam.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back