Gas fire coals

Sponsored Links
Could be wrong but I think even the old fashioned white 'tiles' were made of the same material.

Sponsored Links
Is that kind not made of pumice stone?

Tony

Ok thanks tony
Also when they are cracked in half I understan that the fire gets capped off. But why is this

Adam

Because the flame picture may no longer be correct and could be unsafe!

Where is your tutor?

Tony

Hi
He's sent me off with some questions but couldn't find the answer on Google so I though I would ask someone on here.

So I understand how it's not complete. so does that mean if you done a spillage test it would probably fail

Adam

It could affect spillage but most likely not, but if the coals are damaged and the engineer is not happy with flame picture etc then it is not to manufacturers spec so potentially At Risk by the book and could be turned off

Is that kind not made of pumice stone?

Tony

PMSL. They are ceramic. either "SOFT" OR "HARD".

Broken or misplaced ceramics will often lead to excessive sooting, thence increased CO production.

Moist manf. state that damaged or non standard coals may be used. Therefore, an RGI will feel that applying an AT RISK label, at least, would be justified or demanded.

Moist manf. state that damaged or non standard coals may be used. Therefore, an RGI will feel that applying an AT RISK label, at least, would be justified or demanded.

Don't know about "moist" manufacturers but "most" say that damaged or non oem supplied should NOT be used.

Tony

Don't know about "moist" manufacturers but "most" say that damaged or non oem supplied should NOT be used.

Tony

Correct. My bad typing/editing. I meant to say that
"...non standard coals may NOT be used",
as was fairly obvious from the context.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back