Gas pipe on the outside of the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just having a new combi boiler installed in the loft and the plumbers have (neatly) taken the gas pipe outside at about 6ft from inside the under stair cupboard, run it up the wall and into the loft.

They appear to have done a neat job, but just want to make sure that this is all safe and okay. They are GAS Safe registered.

Doesn't help the fact that we are now in day 3 of no hot water or central heating. Got home last night to find a frustrated plumber in the roof! Apparently the water pressure and gas pressure is fine, but the pressure in the combi is not registering to kick it into action..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the plumbers have (neatly) taken the gas pipe outside at about 6ft from inside the under stair cupboard, run it up the wall and into the loft.

They appear to have done a neat job, but just want to make sure that this is all safe and okay. They are GAS Safe registered.

No problem with that, just doesn't look great.

Thanks expert gas man, just what I suspected.

They had the opportunity to run it internally up a partition wall but said that unless it was vented on both the top and bottom, this could not be done. Is this correct?

They had the opportunity to run it internally up a partition wall but said that unless it was vented on both the top and bottom, this could not be done. Is this correct?[/quote]

Possibly, and probably, dependant on size of duct / void.

Sponsored Links
Depends on how many pikies you have around by you. Would seriously consider running steel externally now where doing long external gas runs owing to the amount of metal thefts.

Hi Guys,

Doesn't help the fact that we are now in day 3 of no hot water or central heating. Got home last night to find a frustrated plumber in the roof! Apparently the water pressure and gas pressure is fine, but the pressure in the combi is not registering to kick it into action..

Thanks

Most of the installers on this forum say they can remove the old, power flush and fit the new boiler all in one day!

I apparently take much longer, perhaps because I want to do it properly.

Unfortunately customers often choose whoever says they will do it quickest without realising that quick usually means cutting corners particularly with power flushing.

Tony

Most of the installers on this forum say they can remove the old, power flush and fit the new boiler all in one day!

Unfortunately customers often choose whoever says they will do it quickest without realising that quick usually means cutting corners particularly with power flushing.

Tony

You obviously don't make a living out of installation/flushing then. If you didn't cut certain corners you'd find yourself struggling for work because of the sheer amount of competition out there.

So long as the customer has heating and hot water and the price is right, generally they don't give a toss about the rest. I mean, If you asked a customer if they wanted a second rate job they'd of course say no but they DO want the second rate price.

Price wins everytime!

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Tony

Or perhaps you are a crap installer?

What has any of this got to do with the OP's problem which appears to be a boiler that wont start up probably due to a fault on the boiler? :confused:

The OP just asked about his gas pipe, that's been answered. Not even sure how Tony managed to turn this thread into him being great and everyone else being rubbish. Sorry, couldn't resist ;) :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back